To enable and configure Low Stock Notifications, go to:
- Inventory → Settings → choose the Low Stock Notification section
- Or Inventory → Low Stock Notifications → choose the Settings tab
On this page, you can set up as below:
- Enable Low Stock Notification:
– Yes: enable low stock notification function
– No: disable low stock notification function
- Threshold Inventory Qty.: fill in a quantity to trigger low stock notifications when the available Qty. of any product is equal or under this number
- Show notification for products in: select the scope of low stock notifications.
– Only Warehouse: trigger notifications when the available Qty. of any product in a warehouse hits the threshold inventory Qty.
– Only System: trigger notifications when the total available Qty. of any product in all warehouses hits the threshold inventory Qty.
– Both warehouses and system: trigger notifications in both above cases
- Use Cron to auto update: choose how frequency you want to receive low stock notification
– No: The system will not use Cron to periodically update and send alert emails for low-stock products. Instead, it sends out email notifications after you log in to the back-end and automatically re-sends when you log in again within 24 hours after the previous email.
– Yes: The system periodically check stock availability and send email notifications admin and warehouse managers on daily, monthly basis or at the fixed times. You can select these options in the following fields.
- Send notification email to admin:
– No: disable low stock notifications via email. The system only alerts on the admin panel when admin and warehouse managers log in to the back- end.
– Yes: enable low stock notifications via email. In this case, you need to enter the email addresses to receive notifications for low stock products in the whole system.
The notification emails for low stock products in each warehouse will sent to warehouse manager’s email address (set up in New/ Edit Warehouse pages so you don’t need to configure this info here).
Finally, remember to choose the email templates for low stock notifications.