Here are the steps that you will follow in this Magento 2: Change category page layout and custom theme:
- Magento 2: Change category page layout
- Use 2 fields to change the category page layout
- Change the category layout
- Update the theme layout with XML code
- Magento 2: Change category custom theme
- Changed in Custom theme field
- Set the date the theme
- Set the design of the category
When I go on the Magento forum, I read a lot of questions about how to change category page layout or the category custom theme in Magento 2. For the ones who are familiar with Magento 2 platform, personal I think it’s quite easy to find out the section allows you to do that. However, if you only use Magento first version before, you will absolutely meet a little difficulty in changing category page layout and custom theme.
Today, I will give you some guideline to do that.You need to locate the Custom design of Category first.
- On the Admin page, looking for Product section. Then click on Categories section under Inventory.
- You can see the category tree on the left, choose any category that you want to change the page layout.
- Then find the Custom design section, click on it.
- Now you can change both category page layout and custom theme here.
Magento 2: Change category page layout
- In this section, you can use 2 fields to change the category page layout. The Page Layout and Custom Layout Update.
- Page Layout field give you 6 options to change the category layout:
- No layout updates: The layout will be selected by default and the category page does not apply the update layouts.
- Empty: You define your own page layout here, but you need to know about XML code.
- 1 column mean 1 column category page layout.
- 2 columns with left sidebar to the category page.
- 2 columns with the right sidebar to the category page.
- 3 columns page layout.
- The Custom Layout Update allows you to update the theme layout with XML code.
- They are the options for changing category page layout.
Magento 2: Change category custom theme
- The custom themes of category can be changed in Custom theme field. There are 2 custom options for you here, Magento Blank or Magento Luma. You need to buy the category theme to have more options.
- You can set the date the theme will be active in Active From and Active To field.
- That’s how you change category custom theme.
- Besides, in Custom design section, you can set the design of the category you choose as parent category setting by change the Use Parent Category Settings field to Yes. And you can also apply this category design to all the product in the category by change the Apply to Products field to Yes.
I think that is the ultimate way to change the category page layout and custom theme in Magento 2. With some simple configurations, you will have your category page as you want to. Change the category page layout and even the theme will make your store become more lively, make customers do not feel boring during the time they spend in your store, I think that improving the customers experiences on your store is really necessary.
Hope my post can be helpful. Thanks for reading!