Have you ever been in th situation when you don’t really need these products but also don’t want to miss that sales? Of course, almost us think like that. This is the reason why Magento 2‘s shopping cart price rules support a variety of different sale scenarios designed to impress your customers and boost your sales, espectially Buy X Get Y Free Promotion. For this one, we will be creating a product sub-selection in order to only apply the rule if the correct number of products from a given category are in the cart. So today, we will introduce to you how to set up Buy X Get Y Promotion in Magento 2.
To set up Buy X Get Y Free Promotion in Magento 2, we follow to 5 steps process here:
Step 1: Create a Cart Price Rule
- From the Admin sidebar, navigate to Stores>Marketing>Promotions>Cart Price Rules
- In the upper-right corner, tap Add New Rule. The options in the panel on the left include Rule Information, Conditions, Actions and Labels.
- Complete the Rule Information settings as follows:
a. Enter a Rule Name for internal reference.
b. Enter a brief Description to describe content of the rule.
c. Set Status to “Active.”
d. Set Website to “Main Website.”
e. Select the Customer Groups to which the rule applies.
Step 2: Define the Conditions
Set up the Conditions tab as follows:
If ALL of these conditions are TRUE:
If Total quantity is 2 for a sub-selection of the items in cart matching ALL of these conditions
Step 3: Define the Actions
In the panel on the left, choose Actions. Then, do the following:
- Set Apply to “Buy X get Y free (discount amount is Y).”
- Set Discount Amount to 1 for example. This is the quantity the customer will receive for free.
- To limit the number of discounts that can be applied when the condition is met, enter the number in the Maximum Qty Discount is Applied To field. For example, enter “1” to discount only one item.
- In the Discount Qty Step (Buy X) field, enter the quantity that the customer must purchase to qualify for the discount.
- Tap Save and Continue Edit. Then, complete the rest of the rule as needed.
Step 4: Set up the Labels
In the panel on the left, choose Labels. Then, do one of the following:
- Enter a Default Rule Label for All Store Views. This label is visible to the customer.
- If your store is available in multiple stores, enter Store View Specific Labels for each view.
Step 5: Save and Test Rules
When complete, tap Save Rule.
When you create a new price rule, it might take an hour or so to become available. Make sure to allow enough time for it to get into the system. Then, test the rule to make sure that it works correctly.
Here is the full set up of Buy X Get Y Promotion in Magento 2. Hope that you can apply for your site easily. If you have any concern, feel free to comment below and we will reply as soon as possible.