Have you ever decided to buy something that you don’t really need because you don’t want to miss that sale? Probably. Most people have. I believe that almost us can deny the attraction of discount and that is the easiest way to make customer boost your sales. So today, I will present to you how to apply Discount with Minimum Purchase in Magento 2 with 3 steps process.
But first, we will get to know about what Discount with Minimum Purchase is.
Discount with Minimum Purchase is one kind of Cart price rules can be used to offer a percentage discount based on a minimum purchase. For example, a 30% discount is applied to all purchases over $500.00 in a specific category. It is very easy to remember with the format:
A% discount for all purchases over $B.
To set up this promotion rules, we follow to 3 steps process:
Step 1: Create a Shopping Cart Rule.
- From the Admin sidebar, navigate to Stores>Marketing>Promotions>Cart Price Rules
- In the upper-right corner, tap Add New Rule. The options in the panel on the left includeRule Information, Conditions, Actions and Labels.
- Complete the Rule Information settings as follows:
a. Enter a Rule Name for internal reference.
b. Enter a brief Description to describe content of the rule.
c. Set Status to “Active.”
d. Set Website to “Main Website.”
e. Select the Customer Groups to which the rule applies.
Step 2: Define the Conditions
Set up the Conditions tab as follows:
- Firstly, click Add at the beginning of the next line, and choose Product Attribute Combination.
- Tap Add at the beginning of the next line. Then in the list under Product Attribute, choose Category.
- Tap Add at the beginning of the next line, in the list under Cart Item Attribute, choose Price in cart.
- Tap the first underlined parameter, IS. Then in the list, choose “equals or greater than.” Next, Tap the … “more” link and enter the amount that the Price in Cart must be to meet the condition. Example, If you enter 300 here, the rules will be applied for the purchases are equals or greater than 300$.
- Tap Save and Continue Edit .
Step 3: Define the Actions
- Tap Apply and choose “Percent of product price discount.”
- Enter the Discount Amount. For example, enter 25 for a twenty-five percent discount. If you want to prevent the purchase from qualifying for additional promotions, set Stop Further Rules Processing to “Yes.”
- Tap Save and Continue Edit and it is almost done. Then, complete the rule as needed.
When you create a new price rule, it might take an hour or so to become available. Make sure to allow enough time for it to get into the system. Then, test the rule to make sure that it works correctly.
Here is the full set up to apply Discount with Minimum Purchase in Magento 2. If you have any concern, feel free to comment below and we will reply as soon as possible.