To configure configurable product in Magento 2 you need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Add configurations to product
- Step 2: Add Attributes to product
- Step 3: Add Attribute Values
- Step 4: Enter Bulk Images, Price, and Quantity for each product attribute.
- Step 5: Check all the product attributes information.
Normally, a product with default configuration can not satisfy store-owner demand. Therefore, add an attribute to product become usual for every online store. The configurable product in Magento 2 has a very useful feature, it allows users to add some other configurations.
It will be possible to create nine simple product with unique SKUs to cover the possible combination of variations. Today I will tell you how to do that.
- 1 How to create and add a new configuration to the configurable product in Magento 2?
- 2 Step 1: Add configurations to product
- 3 Step 2: Add Attributes to product
- 4 Step 3: Add Attribute Values
- 5 Step 4: Enter Bulk Images, Price, and Quantity for each product attribute.
- 6 Step 5: Check all the product attributes information.
How to create and add a new configuration to the configurable product in Magento 2?
Maybe you already know, however, I still want to mention what Configurable product type is. A configurable product looks like a single product with drop-down lists of options for each variation. Each option is actually a separate simple product with a unique SKU, which makes it possible to track inventory for each product variation.
Now we come to the process of adding a new attribute to configuration product. I separate it into 5 steps.
Step 1: Add configurations to product
- After creating a product or choose an existing product, in the Product detail section, you can see the Configuration Section at the bottom. Expand it and click on Create Configuration.
- The page like this will appear:
Step 2: Add Attributes to product
- You can see the checkbox for you to choose, the default option allows you to add an attribute to diversify the color, format or size of the product.
- If you need to add a new attribute, tap Create New Attribute. Complete the attribute properties, and tap Save Attribute. Then, mark the checkbox to select the attribute.
- After done this step, tap Next in the upper-right corner.
Step 3: Add Attribute Values
- After mark the checkbox of each variation of the product. You start to choose a value for the attributes you choose.
- If you want to add new value, click Create New Value. Then, enter the new value in the input box, and tap the Enter arrow.
- Click Next to go to Step 4.
Step 4: Enter Bulk Images, Price, and Quantity for each product attribute.
This is the longest step in the process. This step determines the images, pricing , and quantity of each configuration. The available options are the same for each, and you can choose only one. You can apply the same setting to all SKUs, apply a unique setting to each SKU, or skip the settings for now.
Configure the Image
You have 3 options:
– Option 1: Apply a Single Set of Images to All SKUs. You can browse to each image that you want to include in the product gallery, or drag them to the box like usual.
– Option 2: Apply Unique Images for Each SKU
- Because you already uploaded an image for the parent product, you can use this option to upload an image of each color. This is the image that will appear in the shopping cart when someone buys the shirt in a specific color. You can choose the Size Attribute, it works the same way.
- After choosing the option, select the attribute that the images illustrate (the attributes you choose at Step 2)
- Then upload an image for each attribute value you want to use.
– Option 3: Skip image uploading at this time
Configure the Price
With the existing product you choose, you also have 3 options to configure price.
– Option 1: Same price for all SKUs. If the price is the same for all variations of the product, select Apply single price to all SKUs. Then, enter the Price
– Option 2: Apply unique prices by attribute to each product. If there are some differences between each product price, select this option and enter the price for each product attribute you add.
– Option 3: The same with Image configuration, Skip price at this time.
- Finally, configure the Quantity.
- At this section, you can enter the quantity of each product attribute you already create before. The 3 options just like 2 configurations above, so I do not mention again.
- And Next.
Step 5: Check all the product attributes information.
After you are done the process of creating, the product attributes review will appear. You can check the result is as you want or not. Then come back to each step to fixing if it is not complete.
- Then tap Generate Products. The product variations now appear at the bottom of Product Details in the Configuration section.
- Again, if you want to edit any of the settings, tap Edit Configurations.
- I think that’s all. Now you can publish the products with new attributes and see the result in the store.
The 5 steps I mention above is the shortest process for you to create and add a new attribute to a configurable product in Magento 2. With this guide, you can manage the product attributes on grid admin easily. Every store has a product with many attributes, this is one of the most popular configuration you must be familiar with.
Good luck to you. Thanks for reading my post.