Allow me to share the actual actions that you’re going to adhere to in this Add Magento 2 Downloadable Product in seconds:
- Learn how to configure the Links Information
- Samples configuration
In Magento 2, almost the product types have some changes in Configuration. The downloadable product is not an exception. Create and add a downloadable product in Magento 2 now have a bit different from Magento first version. Like Bundle Product, Downloadable product has its own custom option that you have to configure. And of course, you must learn about it.
What is a downloadable product in Magento 2?
I can define that downloadable product is a digital product that consists of one or more files that are downloaded. A downloadable product can be anything that you can deliver as a file, such as an eBook, music, video, software application, or update. You can offer an album for sale, and sell each song individually. You can also use a downloadable product to deliver an electronic version of your product catalog.
Today we will find out how to add the downloadable feature in a product in Magento 2.
Create and add downloadable product in Magento 2
- You can create and add a product with downloadable type just like other product types. You can see the detail on the following link: How to create Simple product in Magento 2?
- So I just go detail in the own custom option of Downloadable product.
- After done the steps include Choose the Product Type, Choose the Product Template, Complete the Required Fields and Complete the Remaining Product Details, you come to configure the Downloadable Product Information.
- At the bottom of Product Detail Section in Magento dashboard, after you add a Downloadable product, you can see the Download Information Section, expand it.
- The Downloadable Product Information is divided into two sections. The first section provides the link of each product, and the second section describes each sample file. You can find the default value for many of these options can be set in the Configuration that is under the Downloadable Information.
In the Links section, add the Title that you want to use as a heading for the downloadable links. To be easy for customers to understand, the title here usually is the product name.
Under the Title, you can see Links can be purchased separately field.
- Choose Yes if you want to offer multiple download links, such as to sell individual songs on an album.
- And choose No if you want to offer a single download of this item
Then we come to the most important part of this section, add the downloadable link to the product. Click Add New Link. Then, do the following:
Enter the Title and Price of the downloadable product
- For the distribution methods, you can choose Attach File to Uploading a file or Enter Link to enter the full download links.
- You set Shareable is Yes or No. Yes means the store will send the link by email, which customers can share with
others. And No mean customers need to log in the account to access the download links.
- Finally, to limit downloads per customer, enter the number of Max. Downloads. And if you want this will be unlimited, mark the Unlimited checkbox.
If you have 2 or 3 link download, just click on Add new link again and do the same things above.
Step 2: Samples configuration.
This is the Samples of the Downloadable Product that you want to add.
- First, you fill the Title field, that is the Samples name.
- Then, Tap Add New Link to complete the information for each sample.
- And, finally, you must complete the link detail as follows:
- Set the Title of the individual sample
- Here are the Distribution Method options: Attach File or Enter Link, just like in Link Section.
- Repeat all the step if you want to add more Samples for the Downloadable product. Another thing, you can change the order of the samples by tapping the sort icon, and drag the sample to a new position.
- This is all the step of adding a downloadable product in Magento 2. After that, you just have to save and publish the product and then you can see your result on web-store.
Note: Magento 2 Downloadable products sometimes are disabled or not show on the site. After you are done all the adding process, remember to change the Product status from Offline to Online. If you don’t do that, customers can not see your products. Another thing you must check is the download link or the attached file, did they run well or not?
This is all the things you must do when you want to add a downloadable product in Magento 2 and some notes for the error (like Download product disable) you meet during the configuration. Learn about Downloadable product information become really helpful when you manage your store.
Good luck to you with your business. Thanks for reading!